This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage and maintain Windows Server 2008 Active Directory servers. The course focuses on the Active Directory server lifecycle by creating baselines, monitoring the system health, and maintaining security for the Active Directory servers. The course also focuses on managing Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Active Directory service roles.
This course is intended for Server Administrators who are familiar with Windows Server 2008 and who are, or will be, responsible for the daily management and maintenance of Windows Server 2008 Active Directory servers. It is also intended for IT professionals who could benefit from acquiring the skills required by a Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Server Administrator, such as a Server Administrator who is responsible for network application servers and works closely with the Active Directory Server Administrator, or an Enterprise Administrator who wants to understand the operational requirements of Windows Server 2008 Active Directory servers before designing a network server infrastructure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan an Active Directory server deployment.
- Identify different approaches to Active Directory server deployment.
- Add an AD DS server role.
- Remove an AD DS server role.
- Identify strategies for developing, monitoring, and reviewing baselines.
- Create baselines for different Active Directory roles with the appropriate metrics using the Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor (WRPM).
- Create a monitoring plan based on business needs and environments.
- Evaluate a monitoring plan based on business needs and environments.
- Determine the health of Active Directory servers using performance monitoring and event log triggers.
- Configure effective alerts and responses as well as evaluate alternative recommendations for AD DS servers to meet a business goal.
- Describe the methodology of maintaining Windows Server 2008 AD DS.
- Implement the methodology of maintaining Windows Server 2008 AD DS.
- Perform AD DS maintenance and administrative tasks.
- Explain the proven methods to harden the Active Directory servers.
- Deploy the proven methods to harden the Active Directory servers.
- Decide which Windows Server 2008 security features can address a given business situation.
- Add service roles to a Windows Server 2008 network.
- Deploy an Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) server role.
- Operate an Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) server role.