This course introduces students to a series of Windows Server 2008 technologies that are used in common business scenarios, and are often the technical underpinnings for business applications. It guides students through the installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of a Windows Server 2008 technology infrastructure for a large, comprehensive business application, assisting them with the foundational knowledge required for success in supporting such technologies. It covers technologies in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 including Sp1.
This course also directly supports the 70-643: TS: Windows Server 2008 Application Infrastructure, Configuring exam.
This course is intended for IT Professional technical specialists who work in the complex computing environment of a medium to large company and are responsible for the underlying Microsoft technologies that support a business application infrastructure in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
This course is also intended for IT professional technical specialists seeking to prepare for the 70-643: TS: Windows Server 2008 Application Infrastructure, Configuring examination.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configuring Storage for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications
- Configuring High Availability for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications
- RDS in the Single-Server Configuration
- RDS in the Multiple-Server Configuration
- Securely Delivering RDS Applications to the Internet
- IIS Web Applications
- IIS FTP and SMTP Services
- IIS Server and SSL Management
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation
- Windows Streaming Media Services