About this Course
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with intermediate knowledge of the Windows Vista operating system.
This course is intended for information workers who want to learn intermediate-level Windows Vista skills.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, the student will know how to work with programs and manage related computer resources. Students will be able to use built-in programs and utilities, create and work with simple documents and graphics, manage pictures and music, and learn about accessibility features and voice commands. Specifically, they will be able to:
- Install and remove programs.
- Manage hard disks.
- Start program automatically.
- Specify the default program for a type of file.
- Recover from software errors.
- Set up Windows Mail.
- Send and receive e-mail messages.
- Conduct online meetings.
- Use and modify Sidebar gadgets.
- Record notes.
- Keep track of contacts.
- Keep track of appointments and meetings.
- Create simple documents.
- Format words and paragraphs.
- Insert text and graphics.
- Print documents.
- Create simple graphics.
- Change the content size and orientation of graphics.
- Save graphic files in different formats.
- Print graphics.
- View, catalog, and fix pictures.
- Play music.
- Burn audio and data discs.
- Share pictures and other digital media files.
- Make your computer easier to use.
- Change the appearance of Web content.
- Control your computer by using voice commands.