Microsoft recommends this course to prepare for Deploying and Maintaining Windows Vista Client and 2007 Microsoft Office System Desktops (Exam 70-624)
About this Course
This course provides IT Professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully deploy the Windows Vista Business operating system to desktops throughout their organization. This course is presented in the context of the deployment life cycle, which consists of planning for the deployment, building and customizing the deployment method, and then implementing the actual deployment. Students are introduced to tools and guidance they can use throughout various stages of the deployment life cycle.
The primary audience of this course consists of Desktop Configuration Administrators. Desktop Configuration Administrators are responsible for deploying desktop operating systems, provisioning desktop computers, and deploying service packs and updates to these computers. The Desktop Configuration Administrator is also involved in setting the strategic direction for the desktop operating system and applications.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to
- Plan and perform effective preparation tasks for deploying Windows Vista.
- Describe how to use appropriate tools and methods to assess and minimize the risks associated with Windows Vista application compatibility.
- Identify and use the appropriate process and tools to migrate use state data.
- Identify and use appropriate tools and technologies for automating Windows Vista installation.
- Deploy Windows Vista using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008.
- Deploy the Windows Vista operating system using MDT 2008.