Duration: 4 Day Hands-On Lab & Lecture Course
This 4-day technical training for designing, managing, and troubleshooting enterprise wireless networks using the Cisco Unified Wireless Network. CWLAT v2.0 includes instructor-led training and in-depth instructor assisted, hands-on labs. The course focuses on advanced WLAN design, integrating Cisco wireless components into a wired infrastructure. Deployment topics include managing the WLAN by using the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) to manage advanced features. Security topics focus on integrating WLAN security using the WLAN controllers and controller-based access points in conjunction with the Cisco Secure ACS, and Network Access Controller (NAC).
Laptops are provided to participate in the hands-on labs. If you desire to use your own laptop, please bring a laptop computer with an available 32-bit CardBus slot and an Ethernet port as well as an internal wireless NIC, 802.11a/b/g. The laptops operating systems must be either MS Windows 2000 (SP4) or XP. The laptop should also have a 9-pin serial port or USB to serial adapter. IN ADDITION, you will need administrator rights to the laptop to install drivers for the wireless client used in class.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe detailed technical features, functions and benefits of the controller-based architecture
- Install and setup Cisco WCS and provide the information needed to configure a WLAN using Cisco WCS
- Manage the WLAN controller-based network with the Cisco WCS
- Troubleshoot and maintain a WLAN controller-based network
- Apply advanced applications to WLAN controller-based networks
- Administer security so that the WLAN controller-based network is safe from attack
Who Should Attend
The Cisco Wireless LAN Advanced Topics course is targeted to system engineers, field engineers, technical engineers, network integrators and technical sales personnel, who need to know how to sell, design, install, integrate, and support wireless networks or tasked with performing or overseeing site surveys for wireless LAN solution implementations.