In this five-day instructor-led course, developers learn the fundamental skills that are required to design and develop object-oriented applications for the Web and Microsoft Windows® by using Microsoft Visual C#® .NET and the Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET development environment. This course provides an alternative entry point for less experienced programmers who are not familiar with object-oriented design and programming with Windows or the Web.
This course is intended for:
- Developers who are not familiar with object-oriented programming.
- Developers who understand computer programming, but may have learned programming by using a non-graphical language in a university.
These developers want to build highly functional Web and Windows solutions and Web Services by using Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the .NET platform.
- Configure and use Visual Studio .NET.
- Program with C#.
- Implement methods.
- Implement encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism in C#.
- Use C# within the .NET Framework.
- Use Microsoft ADO.NET to access and manipulate data in a database.
- Create feature-rich Windows-based applications.
- Create a Web application by using Web Forms.
- Use XML Web services in a C# application.
- Experiment with more advanced features of C#.