In two short days you can learn the mastery of Scrum and become a servant leader to take your Scrum team to the next level.
Become an Effective ScrumMaster
The ScrumMaster is known as a coach, servant leader, facilitator, and sometimes, as the 'bulldozer'. ScrumMasters help provide teams with the things to do their job. A ScrumMaster is also responsible for coaching the team to do their best and produce the high quality that the ScrumMasters knows the team is capable of. The ScrumMaster is also responsible for helping to remove obstacles or impediments the team may be facing in favor of getting the commitment completed.
Understand the Fundamentals of Scrum
Learn the 'buzz-words' and the terminology that Scrum uses. During this 2-day course, you will learn effective ways to include your customer in the process to ensure they are satisfied with the outcome. You will acquire the knowledge to produce metrics, such as Burndown charts. You will understand how to better estimate a release and help your customer understand what they will get and when they will get it. This course provides fundamental knowledge through class exercises, including:
- Team building exercise
- Writing agile requirements as user stories
- Using relative estimation
Practice Real-World Tools and Techniques for Immediate Application
This 2-day course gives you hands-on experience with best practices for incorporating the customer into your daily plan, establish a cadence for the team, the importance that the team plays in the plan, and how much it means to commit to a goal. Lively lectures combined with insightful demonstrations and realistic practice exercises provide you with the competence and confidence to improve the quality of your product. You'll gain a thorough understanding of the challenges faced everyday by the technology team and how you, as a ScrumMaster, can help overcome those obstacles. If you want to help your team be successful and use your coaching and facilitating skills to good use, you just have to take this course!
Key Skills You'll Take Away Immediately
- You'll learn what really works to help business customers clarify the current state of their business.
- You'll leave understanding how to engage your customer for their benefit.
- You'll learn how to bridge gaps between business customers and designers, developers, and testers.
- You'll leave understanding the process in which your work and your project exists.
- You get practical, real-world methods for initiating conversations with users to identify and solve business problems.
- Enhance your relationships with stakeholders and increase their satisfaction.
- We'll show you tips and tricks that have helped other ScrumMasters be successful with their real-world projects.
- You'll learn how important empirical process is for your success.
This course is useful if you are a(n):
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Systems Architects or Designers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Systems or Application Developers
- Anyone wishing to use their facilitation skills to make their team a success