For decades there have been big disconnects between the different roles of the IT shop. We struggle with inherent barriers between development projects and the stable infrastructure needed to deploy and run products. Applications get completed and tested in insulated internal environments without adequate collaboration between production IT staff and infrastructure administrators. Unforeseen challenges plague the production environment, wreaking havoc with deadlines, deliverables, and ultimately the business mission. Security is often a wet blanket at best, and an afterthought at worst. In the meantime, huge backlogs of work and technical debt pile up, chronically eroding the efficiency and agility of the business' IT capability.
This three-day DevOps Implementation training class is loaded with practical real-world tools and techniques. From the nation's largest Agile development trainers comes a comprehensive program to get you started on the road to DevOps success. You will leave this course fully literate in the whole array of available DevOps tools and lessons, ready to select what's right for you and chart a path to holistic long-term IT success in your own organization.
Attendees who complete this course automatically receive the ICP designation after course completion. The ICP-FDO is one of two Continuous Learning Certifications (CLCs) on the DevOps Track. This certification provides an overview of core concepts for DevOps and is geared towards a broad audience of professionals, technical and non-technical. The learning objectives cover areas such as the business case for DevOps, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, accompanying cultural changes, operational considerations, configuration management, etc. Participants who complete this certification will gain an excellent foundation in DevOps concepts and ingredients for a successful transition.
Typically, training providers will cover the required learning objectives in approximately 14 hours of instructional activities over the course of two days.
- Learn to leverage infrastructure automation using configuration tools
- Chart a path to continuous IT operations
- Learn how to spot positive feedback loops in IT work and capitalize on them
- Get real-world techniques for implementing agile concepts into infrastructure management
- Learn how to continuously monitor capacity and operations
- Map and visualize IT workflow to eliminate bottlenecks and streamline capacity
- Learn techniques to effectively communicate the progress and results of your DevOps efforts to management
- In-class discussion on the state of IaaS and PaaS, and expert updates on which cloud capabilities you should be aware of or considering
- Implement a plan for leadership participation and transformation of the IT mentality
- Transform IT from an unpredictable cost center to a strategic source of business value and competitive advantage
Who Should Attend
- Anyone in an IT Leadership role
- CIOs / CTOs
- System Administrators
- IT Operations Staff
- Release Engineers
- Configuration Managers
- Anyone involved with IT infrastructure
- Developers and Application Team leads
- Software Managers and Team Leads
- IT Project & Program Managers
- Product Owners and Managers