Traditional system-development methodologies are rapidly being replaced by more iterative or agile approaches. More and more organizations are realizing the benefits of faster product deployment at a lower cost, with less rework due to missed requirements. Effective business analysis is key to developing those requirements and keeping projects on track. This indispensable course explores the contributions of good requirements development in an Agile environment and equips business analysts with the critical thinking, analytical skills, and necessary people skills they need to add value to every Agile project.
Expand the skills of team members using Agile for Business Analysts
This practical workshop provides participants with an understanding of the changing role of the business analyst, the tools and techniques best suited to Agile, and the timing for performing key tasks and events. Explanatory, demonstrations, and practice exercises will provide you with the experience needed to create user stories that meet business needs.
The International Consortium for Agile has worked with experts around the world to develop an education roadmap of training and certification for all specialties involved in Agile development. This course has been approved and earns all students the ICAgile Certified Professional in Business Value Analysis designation upon completion of the course.
- Evaluate a variety of Agile "flavors"
- Review levels and types of requirements
- Define the roles of Agile project team members
- Practice defining personas
- Work as a team to discover and write user stories
- Review requirements elicitation and discovery methods
- Understand story decomposition and modeling with simple graphical methods
- Practice eliciting and validating information from project stakeholders
- Assess the importance and priority of product features
- Hone your problem identification, definition, and solving capabilites
Who Should Attend
If you're involved at all with Agile projects or you want to learn more about how to incorporate Agile approaches into your projects, you simply must participate in this workshop.
This course is perfect for you if you are a:
- Business customer, user or partner
- Project Sponsor or Project Owner
- Business Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Project Manager
- Systems Architect or Designer
- Systems or Application Developer
- QA Professional
- Systems Tester
- Leader of Systems projects or teams
- Anyone wanting to enhance their Agile business analysis skills