This class is a combination of instructor-led lecture, discussions, and demonstrations with a heavy emphasis on hands-on workshops to teach BusinessObjects 4.x Information Design Tool concepts. Topics to be covered include universe creation, creating relational database connections, creating Data Foundations, Creating Business Layers, Folders and objects, filters, table aliases, aggregate awareness, viewing table keys, Publishing and Securing universes, index awareness, universe maintenance, and converting 3.x Universes (.unv’s) to 4.1 Information Design Tool universes (.unx’s).
This class is designed for technical analysts who are required to create the BusinessObjects 4.x Connections, Data Foundations and Business Layers as an interface to the data in a data warehouse, data mart, or database.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand what the Information Design Tool Is
- How to create Single and Multi Connection Universes
- Creating Data Foundations
- Creating Business Layer Views
- Creating Folders and Objects
- How to create Dimensions, Attributes and Measures
- Creating Filters within the different layers
- Implementing Aggregate Awareness
- Using Queries to test the Model