This course provides the foundation necessary to effectively deploy and administer Citrix XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2003 and its components, including Web Interface, Application Streaming, Load Manager, Installation Manager and Secure Gateway.
Learners will receive hands-on training for installing Citrix XenApp and the associated plug-ins and for using the various administrative consoles to configure published resources, policies, individual server and server farm settings, load evaluators, printers, streaming applications and much more.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network and systems and administrators familiar with Microsoft Windows environments. Systems engineers, analysts, consultants, and architects are also appropriate candidates for this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Install Citrix XenApp in a Windows Server 2003 environment
- Install and distribute Citrix XenApp Plugins
- Create and customize Web Interface sites
- Publish applications, server desktops and content
- Configure XenApp Web and XenApp Services sites
- Configure, apply and prioritize policies in a XenApp environment
- Create and assign load evaluators
- Configure printers and printer policies and manage print drivers and printer bandwidth
- Create and configure XenApp administrator accounts and their permissions
- Configure HDX settings
- Configure SecureICA encryption, SSL Relay and Secure Gateway
- Install and distribute applications, service packs and hotfixes
This course is an instructor-led training course with classroom discussion, demonstrations and the practical application of concepts through hands-on exercises.