Citrix XenApp 6.5 Basic Administration training course provides the foundation necessary for administrators to effectively centralize and manage applications in the datacenter and instantly deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Learners will receive training for installing and configuring Citrix XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2, Citrix Receiver and plug-ins, as well as for using administrative consoles and tools to configure resources, policies, server and farm settings, printers, virtualized applications and more.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to perform the following:
- Identify the basic architecture and high level functionality of XenApp and farm components
- Configure License Administration console ports and administrators, install the Citrix License Server, and import license files into the console
- Make installation decisions appropriate for an environment, and install and configure XenApp using the Server Role Manager and Server Configuration tool
- Add and configure worker groups, administrative accounts, and permissions, and log administrative changes
- Install and configure Web Interface, create and customize Web Interface sites, and configure client delivery
- Publish applications, content, and desktops for users.
- Configure applications for streaming to servers and the desktops of Windows user devices
- Create and configure Citrix policies, applying filters and using policy modeling tools.
- Create and assign load evaluators and implement load balancing policies
- Identify the different session optimization display settings, HDX settings, and profile management components
- Identify self-service application technologies and install Citrix Receiver
- Explain key Citrix printing concepts and terms, and configure printing for XenApp
- Secure application access using Access Gateway
- Describe the monitoring tools and technologies for XenApp, and track license usage
- Identify the purpose and key components of SmartAuditor, Single sign-on, Branch optimization, Provisioning services, Power and Capacity Management, and XenServer
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network and systems administrators familiar with Microsoft Windows environments, including Windows 2008 R2 administrators interested in becoming a XenApp administrator. Existing XenApp administrators or systems engineers interested in updating their XenApp skills, receiving Citrix authorized training on XenApp 6.5, or achieving certification for XenApp 6.5 are ideal candidates. Systems engineers, sales engineers, analysts, consultants and architects also are also appropriate candidates for this course.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners have the following:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or enterprise database servers
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Familiarity with application virtualization technologies, such as Citrix application streaming or Microsoft App-V
- Basic understanding of Windows Server networking concepts, such as DNS, IIS®, load
- balancing, and file and printing services
- Exposure to basic system administration concepts, including logging, software upgrade
- procedures and high availability operations
- Familiarity with server monitoring tools
- Basic understanding of VPN concepts, including SSL encryption and certificates