Implementing the Cisco ACE Appliance is a four-day, instructor-led, lecture and lab course. You will learn how to deploy and configure the Cisco Catalyst 4710 Application Control Engine (ACE) Appliance.
This course covers all of the key features of the Cisco ACE appliance, including resource virtualization and management, server load balancing (Layer 2-4 and Layer 7), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) termination and offload, and security features like application-layer inspection and fixups.
- Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe IP application delivery with the Cisco ACE appliance
- Describe the configuration tasks necessary to successfully deploy a Cisco ACE appliance
- Describe the structure and function of the Modular Policy CLI statements used to configure Cisco ACE features
- Describe the methods used to manage the Cisco ACE appliance
- Describe the Cisco ACE features that provide IP application-based security on the Cisco ACE appliance
- Describe the capabilities and configuration of the Cisco ACE features used to provide load balancing of IP-based applications
- Describe the health monitoring capabilities of the Cisco ACE appliance
- Identify the Layer 7 processing options used to provide advanced application networking
- Describe the Cisco ACE support for SSL protocol processing
- Describe the Cisco ACE web application acceleration, optimization, and compression features
- Describe the high-availability features of the Cisco ACE appliance, which are used to provide reliable application networking services
- Describe a methodology used to design and configure multiple Cisco ACE features
Who Should Attend
- The primary audience for this course are systems engineers and network architects who need to design or deploy server load-balancing solutions using the Cisco ACE appliance.
- The secondary audience for this course are network operators and server administrators who need to understand the server load-balancing solutions capabilities of the Cisco ACE appliance.