In this class you will learn advanced skills for working with vector graphics, photographic images and effects, slicing and rollovers, symbols and animation, and exporting to HTML. Topics covered include:
- Create and edit vector paths precisely and efficiently using the Pen and Subselection tools.
- Wrap text on a path and convert text to paths.
- Sharpen images and improve their contrast precisely.
- Create image effects such as cloning, masking, and patterns.
- Create and edit complex rollover behaviors, including multi-state navigation bars and drop-down lists.
- Use instances of symbols throughout a Website, and modify the original symbol to update all instances.
- Create animation and buttons using symbols.
- Modify HTML export settings to create files that match the format of the HTML editor application you use.
Target Student: This course is designed primarily for new or prospective Web designers who want to create, modify, and optimize graphics for use on Web sites using Macromedia Fireworks.
Benefits: After completing this course, students will be able to create and edit paths. Students will create graphic effects such as text wrapping to a path. Students will create image effects, and learn techniques for sharpening images. Students will create complex rollover behaviors, and create animation and buttons using symbols.
What's Next: This is the final course in Macromedia Fireworks MX series.