This four-day instructor-led course equips participants already acquainted with Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 (ILM) with the additional knowledge and skills they need to plan for a Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 (FIM) deployment.
This course is intended for Systems Engineers, Developers, or Architects who need to gain a good understanding of how Forefront Identity Manager 2010 can be applied to manage identity information across a number of directories or databases.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand FIM concepts and components.
- Understand the scenarios for which FIM is appropriate.
- Manage users, groups, policy, and credentials through the FIM Portal.
- Synchronize identity data between the FIM Portal and other systems such as Active Directory.
- Incorporate other data sources such as HR feeds.
- Understand the issues involved in loading existing data (initial load and disaster recovery).
- Understand the technical architecture of FIM.
- Configure security for different levels of user.
- Extend the schema to incorporate new objects and attributes.
- Modify the interface, including look and feel, new or modified forms, and navigation.
- Understand the features, tools, and issues that will be important when operating, auditing, and troubleshooting FIM in a production environment.
- Incorporate custom workflows.