Learn security fundamentals as you build, test, and deploy a secure network.
In this intense, hands-on course, you will not only prepare for the Security+ certification, but you will also gain the foundation security knowledge to protect your network from attack. Through real-world examples and labs, you will learn how to apply security best practices to actual security architectures. You will spend 50% of your time applying security principles to meet actual security scenario requirements. Labs reinforce vital security concepts and provide real-world practice using tools such as Tenable Security Nessus, Snort, Symantec Enterprise Firewall, and Funk Software's Steel-Belted Radius.
Our Essentials of Information Security (Security+) course has received CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC) approval. The CompTIA CAQC symbol assures you that all test objectives are covered in the training material.
This course includes 1-year access to our 50-book Online Security Reference Library with titles specially selected to reinforce course concepts.
This course is part of the following Certification programs:
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- CWSP (Certified Wireless Security Professional)
- Network Security Specialist Certificate
- Security Management Expert Certificate
- Preparing for your certification exams? To help, this course includes a Security+ study guide, certification practice exam, and test voucher, as well as our security Self-Paced e-Learning course.
- Prepare for the Security+ certification
- Design security plans to protect your network access points and services
- Translate policy requirements into a technical security solution
- Test your classroom network's security and repair holes reported by vulnerability detection tools
- Use an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) to identify hacker attacks
- Configure a bastion host
- Develop and design Access Control Lists (ACL)
- Design firewalls using router packet filtering and stateful inspection devices
- Use port scanners, Telnet, TFTP, FTP, and other hacker tools
- Use certificates and public-key cryptography to encrypt information
- Implement IPSec-compliant VPNs
- Who Needs to Attend
- Anyone interested in expanding their knowledge of designing or implementing security policy in an enterprise network, specifically network engineers and managers, security administrators, IS and data center managers, system administrators, security analysts, and individuals seeking the CompTIA Security+ certification.