Learn the essential skills needed to set up, configure, support, and troubleshoot your TCP/IP-based network.
TCP/IP is the globally accepted group of protocols at the core of the Internet and organizational intranets. A solid understanding of each of these protocols and how they work will give you the ability to deploy the most effective network for your organization. In this course, you will gain the essential knowledge and skills required to set up, configure, support, and troubleshoot your TCP/IP-based network.
Our expert instructors and extensive hands-on labs will prepare you to face and overcome the challenges of today's complex networks. This course-the longest running of its kind in the industry-also prepares you for more specialized courses in network security, wireless integration, and Voice over IP, as well as for product-specific training such as Cisco, Nortel, and Microsoft.
What You'll Learn:
- The essential elements of the TCP/IP protocol suite
- Install and configure TCP/IP in a live classroom network
- The roles of various devices in a TCP/IP network
- IP addressing and subnetting including Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM)
- Subnet an IP network and implement the resulting addresses
- Details of ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, and UDP - their functions and relationships
- Automate address assignment and name resolution using DHCP and DDNS
- IP routing and the protocols that support it, such as RIP and OSPF
- How applications like FTP, HTTP, Telnet, and others work in a TCP/IP network
- Functions of IPv6 and its related protocols
- Functions and capabilities of multicasting, Voice over IP, and e-mail
- Use of a protocol analyzer to isolate and troubleshoot network problems
- Troubleshoot problems at each layer of a TCP/IP network
Who Needs to Attend:
- Anyone who is responsible for designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining TCP/IP networks or who needs to understand TCP/IP protocol structures and functions will benefit from this course. This course also provides excellent preparation for more advanced networking training.
- Security+ Prep Course (SYO-301)
- Voice over IP Foundations
- Wireless LAN Foundations
- ICND2 - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2