Learn how to plan for, implement, and manage the ongoing operations of an IBM i. Emphasis is on security, system availability, backup and recovery, system software management, and problem determination. Also, get an introduction to the architecture and terminology of the IBM i.
Note that the following two courses are subset courses; they contain the same course content but are shorter in length.
IBM i Security concepts and implementaiton
IBM i Recovery and availability Management
Learning Journeys or Training Paths that reference this course:
This is an intermediate course intended for IBM i system administrators, data processing managers and other individuals who implement and manage security, backup and recovery, system software and problem determination. This course is not recommended for system operators.
- Describe and implement the components of IBM i security, such as user profile, group profile, authorization list, adopted authority and object / resource security
- Develop a security plan for your Power Systems with IBM i
- Describe the options to implement security auditing
- Develop a plan to audit security on your Power Systems with IBM i
- Describe the IBM i availability products and features and choose the option(s) that best fit your company requirements
- Describe how to backup and recover user, IBM and full system data on your Power Systems with IBM i
- Develop a backup and recovery plan for your Power Systems with IBM i
- Describe the system diagnostics and problem determination procedures available on your Power Systems with IBM i