With IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3, you can manage your systems graphically, dynamically, and flexibly. A browser-enabled interface helps transform systems management data into information that you need to keep systems available. In this course you learn how to implement Tivoli Monitoring. This training is provided in a classroom environment with multiple opportunities for hands-on lab practice. The scenarios used in this class are based on using IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3.
Note that this is an instructor led online course. Do not make travel plans. After you are confirmed in the course you will receive additional instructions for accessing the online content and remote labs.
This intermediate course is for anyone responsible for implementing IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3.
- Plan an IBM Tivoli Monitoring implementation
- Install IBM Tivoli Monitoring server components and their prerequisites
- Install Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agents
- Configure Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agents
- Manage and maintain IBM Tivoli Monitoring
- Install and configure event synchronization with IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console and Netcool/OMNIbus
- Configure and verify availability for IBM Tivoli Monitoring
- Describe how to implement Tivoli Monitoring user security, infrastructure component communication security and communications through firewalls
To participate in both the lectures and labs for this course, the student workstation must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Minimum of 256 MB of memory
- Windows 98 or higher
- Headset with microphone, or separate microphone and speakers
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- 128-bit encryption (Versions of Internet Explorer prior to version 6.0 and Windows 98, NT 4.0, and 2000 must have the High Encryption Packs installed)
- Citrix ICA Client (Installed when you access e-lab during class)
- High speed internet (56K bps or higher)
NOTE: The Citrix application (web client or full package) requires access to port 443 (https). Please ensure personal and corporate firewalls have this port open.