IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center is a comprehensive solution for managing storage capacity, availability, events, performance, and assets in an enterprise environment. Automated user-defined policies can detect potential problems and make adjustments based on user criteria. IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center is a key component in the information life cycle management solution.
Over half of this 5-day course consists of hands-on lab exercises that reinforce the instructor-led discussion. Instructor lectures and demonstrations focus on daily administration and operation, report generation and analysis, and policy management. You are assigned a unique server to administer Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 4.2 in a Windows 2003 environment. Practice administering the entire suite of products, including Fabric Manager, Disk Manager, and Data Manager, and get an overview of Replication Manager. Learn how to integrate these components into your storage solution.
- This intermediate-level course is for system administrators who are responsible for all aspects of storage management in a SAN environment.
- Configure and administer Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 4.2
- Navigate the basic interface for the Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 4.2 suite, including data, fabric, replication, and disk
- Discover and configure CIM/OM agents and storage hardware
- Configure quotas, constraints, alerts, and other policy management functions using Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 4.2 for Data
- Monitor computers, file systems, directories, storage allocation pools, volume containers, and data containers
- Navigate the SAN topology and manage the topology viewer
- Discover, monitor, and manage SAN fabrics, including zones, and generate switch performance reports and alerts
- Configure storage subsystem and allocate, deallocate, assign, and unassign volumes
- Configure and initiate Flash Copy on an SVC using Replication Manager