This course is for administrators who possess a fundamental knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. It provides in-depth administration training with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 Extended Edition at a higher skill level than the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 Implementation and Administration course (see courses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 Implementation and Administration (TS611) and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 Implementation and Administration (ILO) (8S611)). You will learn how to control and tune the Tivoli Storage Manager environment and what steps to take when troubleshooting. The lab exercises explore the DB2 database management methods and options and introduce Tivoli Storage Manager for Reporting and Monitoring. In addition, the exercises involve multiple servers to simulate an enterprise environment. You will participate in group problem determination exercises, perform a variety of backup and restore processes, and optimize data management, such as data deduplication. You will also tune the backup-archive client and the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 server for optimal performance.
Audience:This advanced course is for Senior System Administrators and Business Partners who are experienced with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Implementation.
- Back up and restore Tivoli Storage Manager databases and storage pools
- Write and use macros and scripts to automate operations
- Optimize Tivoli Storage Manager with performance tuning parameters
- Install and configure Tivoli Storage Manager for Reporting and Monitoring
- Use client and server trace functions
- Troubleshoot and recover from a database failure
- Recover a primary storage pool
- Configure and use server-to-server virtual volumes
- Configure and use backup sets and online image backup
- Configure and use multi-session backup and move node data
- Enable and use file grouping and open file support
- Configure single administrative logon
- Monitor and generate reports for Tivoli Storage Manager