This hands-on course prepares you for configuring a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) solution in a multisite environment.
Focusing primarily on CUCM v8.x/9.x, you will learn basic administrative tasks, such as configuring users and associating them with phones, as well as more advanced topics, such as dial plan design and configuration, unified mobility, Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), H.323 gateways, and media resources.
With the increasing importance of globalization in the business world, this course instructs you in how to build dial plans to place on-net and off-net phone calls in North American and European sites. Additionally, you'll learn how to globalize your dial plan using E.164 addressing and how to implement routing and calling privileges based on location.
- How the CUCM administrative and service GUIs work
- Activate, start, and stop CUCM services
- Configure base CUCM components, such as date time groups, device pools, Call Manager groups, and other common elements
- Add and delete phones manually and using auto registration
- Use the BAT tool to add phones and users and to change configurations
- Add users, assign them capabilities, and associate them with phones
- Configure phone features: Music on Hold and phone services
- Set up media resources to use for MOH and conferencing
- Build a dial plan including route patterns, route lists, and route groups supporting both the NANP and optionally dialing in Europe
- Deploy line/device Class of Service using partitions and calling search spaces and translation patterns for call blocking
- Investigate globalization using E.164 addressing
- Configure advanced Class of Service capabilities, such as time of day routing, client matter codes, and forced access codes
- Call coverage (hunt lists) and configuration
- Unified mobility (single number reach)
- Configure Presence and Busy Lamp Fields (BLFs)
- Configure DSP resources
- Use Enterprise License Manager to manage licenses
Who Should Attend:
- Network professionals who install, configure, and manage Cisco Unified Communications solutions