Duration: 5 Day Hands-On Lab & Lecture Course
CVPD 7.0 teaches each student to use the CVP Studio graphical tool to build self-service IVR applications and to run and maintain them on the CVP VXML Server. This course also introduces the student to the other servers that may be part of their CVP solution.
Hands-on practice includes programming labs and building applications that incorporate every element of CVP Studio into a comprehensive full-featured application. Students also learn how to extend Studio using pre-written Java-based code.
Each student has his/her own development environment that includes the Cisco IOS voice gateway, speech recognition, text-to-speech, CVP Studio and VXML Server, and a soft-phone to place calls.
Students have ample practice analysing log files for debugging and using administrative scripts for graceful updates and suspensions of applications.
- Understand CVP software architecture and contact center integration
- Understand VXML Server operation and administration
- Build, execute, and debug CVP Call Studio applications, including:
- Writing full featured applications using ASR, DTMF, TTS, Prerecorded Audio
- Creating menus, collecting information from callers, confirming caller input, specifying custom input
- Using prompts appropriately: Initial; NoMatch1,2,3; NoInput1,2,3; Help; Success; Disconfirmation
- Configuring Tomcat to use SQL databases with CVP Call Studio
- Understanding VoiceXML timers, enabling/disabling the terminating character, clearing pending DTMF tones
- Working with multi-language applications
- Working with speech recognition in CVP Call Studio.
- Using Studio to create custom ASR grammars, and how to save these to files for better ASR resource management.
- Writing CVP Call Studio Subroutines that you invoke from other Studio applications.
- Incorporating 'Global Commands' (eg, start over, agent, cancel, go back)
- Taking recordings from callers, including Emergency Broadcast Messages
- Handling and understanding VoiceXML events
- Creating an Error Element
- Creating variables, performing assignments and math calculations, using counters
- Incorporating code written in other languages, including Java, into your Studio application to provide additional functionality and integration
- Maintain VXML Server Software
- Monitor performance and operation of VXML Server
- Understand and use CVP VXML Server Activity Logging
- Learn to configure Activity Logging to omit sensitive data
- Configure automated purging of old logs on VXML Server
- Enable Debug Logging of all VXML pages and exchanges with the gateway
- Completely understand Administrative Scripts on VXML Server
- Directory structure and what needs to be backed up
Who Should Attend
CVPD is intended for VUI designers, application developers, Java programmers, Sales and PreSales, Technical Support, and Project Managers who want to learn to use the graphical tool to build IVR applications.
Programming or IVR scripting experience is recommended. In addition, it is required that prospective students have either attended the Cisco® CVPI training course or have knowledge of the ICM/CVP architecture, as it will be introduced, but is not the focus of this course.