Tools and Techniques to successfully execute projects and deliver on customer expectations every time
This two-day course provides a unique combination of skills development and tool/technique utilization critical for IT Project Success. First gain a solid foundation in PMI's Project Management Framework. Then acquire the skills to use the best emerging, cutting edge IT Project Management tools and techniques available. Taught only by a PMP-certified instructor.
Learn how to:
- Extract the correct Development Lifecycle Method for your project to insure project success (there are eight do you know what they are?)
- Harvest the best approach, hands down, for elaborating requirements and
- capturing the Voice of the Customer
- Find and utilize the common points between current Quality frameworks including PMI, CMMI, Six Sigma, ITIL and RUP to run your projects successfully
- Execute the most effective approach to managing high risk, high uncertainty projects
- Insure the accuracy of your timeline estimates. Acquire skills on two specific tools to estimate your timeline with data and fact
- Utilize the five key metrics in the Project Framework to ensure project success
- Give management clear visibility into your project processes and results
- Reap the benefits of the most effective method yet devised to ensure continuous improvement in your organization
- Find and remove the hidden factory in projects and impact your organization with top line improvements in customer satisfaction and bottom line cost reductions
Hands-on exercises and real-world interactive examples:
Get Office-compatible templates to use in class.
This class is a stimulating combination of class interaction, group exercises, and workshops. Each is designed to allow you to easily grasp new concepts and techniques. Learn the methods that immediately enable you to:
- Extract the real project requirements
- Set customer expectation and get customer buy-in
- Manage schedule and resource conflict
- Identify critical risks and manage them
- Plan the work and work the plan create the WBS
- Make Change Management work
- Manage Configuration a key to product quality
- Manage the moving target and address changing market demands·
- Master the effectiveness of Monte Carlo methods and Decision Tree Analysis, and leave with templates to accelerate your success
Aligned with the PMBOK® Guide - Fourth Edition
This course aligns completely with the newest release of PMIs A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge®. If you are thinking of obtaining your PMP certification, this workshop will provide an excellent foundation to get started.
Methods that work for any IT Project
The course covers all aspects of managing the IT project from systems and infrastructure implementation to scalable enterprise applications. Well focus on the fundamental nine IT project models and how the project manager can be successful in managing each in a complex environment.
Critical tools for managing critical projects
This highly participative, learn-by-doing workshop will enable class participants to immediately put project disciplines to use in their working environments. NOTE: The templates participants take away from the workshop can be immediately integrated into current and future projects. All templates work with Office 2003 and beyond.
Taught by a PMP-Certified Instructor - No Exceptions!
This ensures that the project management disciplines you will learn are in complete alignment with the ISO certified PMI framework. Real world examples and real world case studies will be presented in this context.
Immediate benefits of this class:
- Understand and apply the correct Development Lifecycle Method (DLM) for your project there are eight!
- How to make traditional project management work in an IT environment
- Manage conflict - how to deal with tough customers
- Capture the Voice of the Customer and discover the real project requirements!
- How to obtain end-user and stakeholder support
- Manage project schedule and resource dependencies acquire skills to negotiate for the project and focus stakeholders on business objectives
- Capture the secret of effective risk analysis how you can handle the unknown unknowns
- Use the tools to build quality into the project up front - prepare cause-and-effect diagrams
- Using the Pareto chart for finding the big issues impacting quality and quality assurance
- Effective communication skills - how to listen actively, how to ask questions
- How to measure process productivity and determine real project and budget estimates
- Eliminate the Every requirement is a #1 priority syndrome. Get your stakeholders to prioritize the key requirements and key deliverables on any project
- Master the use of the Monte Carlo analysis to accurately predict project timelines
- Identify the key business and technical risks in your projects with the Risk Matrix©. Use it to help you determine the correct DLM to use on your projects
- Build strong relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Apply the six elements that will automatically give your project an 80% chance of success
- Learn how the PMI framework aligns with CMMI® and Six Sigma® processes