We offer several different options for this course. Please also see KT-2828, KT-2833 and XIL100 for our other courses.
ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. ITIL® provides a cohesive set of best practice, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally.
The ITIL® Foundation course is the entry level certification course for IT Service Management Best Practices training in ITIL®. This course covers the latest version of core ITIL® best practices presented from a lifecycle perspective. The course introduces the principles and core elements of IT service management (ITSM) based on ITIL® 2011 edition. ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement, promoting alignment with the business as well as improving operational efficiency.
Upon completion of the ITIL® Foundations course, students will have foundational knowledge of the functions, roles, and processes that span the service lifecycle. Students will be able to correctly:
- Articulate key concepts
- Use common terminology
- Describe overall goals, benefits, activities, and success factors
- Define concepts in Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service operation, and Continual Service Improvement
- Recommend metrics
- Discuss the basic cross-functional dependencies for each
About the Course:
- Students will receive at least 18 hours of in class instruction and study.
- The maximum number of candidates per class is 25.
About the Examination:
- The exam is closed book with forty (40) multiple choice questions.
- The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
- The exam lasts 60 minutes.
- The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper based or Online.
- Upon successfully achieving the ITIL® 2011 edition Foundation certificate, the student will be recognized with 2 credits in the ITIL® qualification scheme.