In this course, you will use Adobe® Illustrator® 10 to create dynamic graphics using advanced drawing and editing tools, path editing techniques, filter effects, and masks. You'll take advantage of Illustrator features such as the Transparency palette, live effects, and the Appearance palette to create engaging effects.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Draw with advanced object drawing tools and dynamically change their settings.
- Use advanced path editing techniques such as splitting, duplicating, and simplifying.
- Create and edit exciting graphics using a gradient mesh and blends between objects.
- Perform exact transformations to move, rotate, reflect, and shear visually or in precise increments.
- Modify compound paths, create compound shapes, and combine paths with the Pathfinder palette.
- Convert vector images to raster and apply specialized filters.
- Copy and paste live effects, dynamically edit the vector images that use them, and use the Appearance palette to manage the application of effects and styles.
- Create layer masks and edit clipping masks.
Benefits: Students will use their knowledge of Illustrator's basic features, in conjunction with new, more advanced techniques, to create even more engaging and dynamic illustrations and graphic effects.
Target student: Anyone who has experience using Illustrator, but who is looking to learn and employ new techniques for enhancing their Illustrator drawings, is an ideal student for this course.
What's Next: Students wishing to continue their training in Illustrator can cap their skill set by taking Illustrator® 10: Level 3.