This course consists of specialized labs and lecture designed to acclimate users to the IBM mainframe Job Control Language using the z/OS operating system. The student is introduced to the MVS JCL language used for production processing.
- Identify Job Control Language: format and syntax
- Define the JOB and JOB STEP concepts
- EXEC statement
- DD statements
- Referbacks and concatenation
- PROC and PEND statements
- JCLLIB statement
- INCLUDE and SET statements
- IF, THEN, ELSE and ENDIF statements
- Code JCL and control statements required for proper execution of utility programs
This course is designed for personnel who are new to the MVS operating system or are seeking a refresher course in basic terminology, and JCL program execution.