This 3 day training course teaches students about the standard persistence architecture provided by JPA. This standard can be used to replace third party persistence frameworks like Hibernate. By learning the programming model made available by the JPA standard and how to use it in various types of applications, developers can create applications that are more portable between environments and rely less on integration of third party libraries. Support for the JPA standard is provided natively in all recent application servers.
- Java Persistence (JPA) specification
- JPA Tools in Eclipse
- JPA queries
- JPA relationships and inheritance
- JPA-related design patterns
What you will learn:
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Develop Java applications that use JPA to map persistent objects to the database
- Control the mapping of the Java object model to the relational database schema
- Query data using JPA queries
- Define complex mappings including relationships and inheritance
- Utilize JPA in a variety of application types, including web, EJB, and standard Java applications
This course is designed for Java programmers and web application designers who have interest in learning how to persist data from Java applications to relational databases using the Java Persistence API (JPA).