This course covers the basics of programming the Spring framework, the basics of programming the Hibernate Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) framework and the integration of the two. Since Hibernate implements the Java Persistence API (JPA), the workshop covers basic JPA concepts as well.
Audience:Business analysts, developers, managers and other people interested in learning how to program Spring and Hibernate/JPA.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- 1.Understand and program the fundamentals of Spring, including dependency injection and how to wire beans together.
- 2.Program Web applications using Spring MVC.
- 3.Create reliable programs that execute units of work using Spring's transaction support.
- 4.Write Spring programs that interoperate with heterogeneous applications using Spring Web services.
- 5.Understand the fundamental concepts of object-relational mapping.
- 6.Code objects that are persistent using Hibernate.
- 7.Use inheritance and relationships in your object model using Hibernate.
- 8.Retrieve sets of objects using Hibernate's object-query facilities.
- 9.Integrate Spring and Hibernate in applications.