Java 2, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) is a powerful platform for building web applications. The J2EE platform offers all the advantages of developing in Java plus a comprehensive suite of server-side technologies. This course tells you what you need to know to design and build your own web applications. You'll learn the details of the key J2EE technologies and how to leverage the strengths of each, with special focus on Servlets and JSP. At the same time, you'll be learning about the big picture of J2EE and how to design web applications that are robust, efficient, and maintainable. If you want to deliver an application on the web, you'll find this course essential.
The course begins with a discussion of web application architecture. It then covers JDBC, Javas database access technology. A major part of the course is spent on Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP). The course concludes with an introduction to Enterprise JavaBean technology. Throughout the course, students will create code for an online store. Students will learn not only specific topics and APIs but also how to fit the pieces together into a complete application.
Who Can Benefit
Java developers who want to create web applications
Anyone who wants to understand the architecture of a Java web application.
- J2EE Application Architecture
- JDBC (Java Database Connectivity)
- Java ServerPages (JSP)
- Struts (Optional)
- EJB Overview
- Using EJBs from the Web Tier
- Other APIS: JNDI, XML, JavaMail, JMS (Optional)
- Design and build robust and maintainable web applications
- Access databases with JDBC
- Create dynamic HTML content with Servlets and Java ServerPages
- Make Servlets and JSP work together cleanly
- Use Custom Tag Libraries to separate Java and HTML code
- Use Enterprise JavaBeans effectively from Servlets and JSP