This five-day instructor-led course teaches how to plan and design a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 solution to IT professionals. The course emphasizes Voice features in Lync 2010 from a deployment perspective. In this course, students learn how to plan and design a Lync Server 2010 system. The labs in this course utilize the Lync Server 2010 Planning Workbook and Planning Tool. This course helps the student prepare for Exam 70-665.
The audience for this course is information technology (IT) professionals who are experienced on Lync Server 2010 technologies and who have a Technical Specialist certification on the course, Configuring and Managing Microsoft Lync Server 2010, or equivalent knowledge. Students taking this course are expected to have experience in hands-on deployment and day-to-day management of Unified Communications technologies for enterprise organizations.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Lync Server 2010 design process.
- Design a Lync Server 2010 topology.
- Design for conferencing and external scenarios.
- Design for load balancing.
- Design voice infrastructure.
- Design a Mediation Server topology.
- Create a network design for Lync Server 2010.
- Design Response Group Services.
- Design for Location Services.
- Design Exchange Unified Messaging Integration with Lync Server 2010.
- Design for resiliency.
- Design for backup and disaster recovery.
- Design for monitoring and archiving.
- Plan a migration to Lync Server 2010.