This in-depth 3-Day course for Project Server administrators is a hands-on course that walks you through the process of configuring a Project Server 2007 instance. You learn how to properly configure and maintain a live Project Server 2007 environment using both Microsoft Project Professional and Project Web Access interfaces as you configure your own server instance in our training environment. This class is led by instructors with real-world experience in deploying Project Server 2007 across many industries.
Each student receives the following:
- A copy of the 840-page Implementing and Administering Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Second Edition which serves as both the course manual and a valuable reference book.
- Access to a fully functional individually provisioned Project Server instance. Students attending through Cyberspace have the option to use their own Project Server instance.
For courses taken via Cyberspace, each participant must use his or her own computer to access the virtual training environment. A high-speed internet connection is recommended. Participants do not need to have Microsoft Project Professional or Project Server installed in order to participate in the hands-on exercises.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the project communication life cycle used with Project Server
- Understand the administration interface in Project Web Access
- Create a Project Server login account in Project Professional 2007
- Configure custom enterprise fields, Lookup Tables, and calendars
- Add resources to the Enterprise Resource Pool
- Specify the initial configuration options for Project Server
- Configure time and task tracking settings
- Configure Project Server security using Groups and Categories
- Import enterprise templates and existing projects into Project Server
- Build the OLAP Cube and resource availability information
- Create custom views in both Project Web Access and Project Professional 2007
- Manage Windows SharePoint Services and Project Workspaces
- Modify Project Web Access pages and create a new Project Workspace site template
- Manage the Project Server database, including checking in and backing up projects, and cleaning up the Project Server database