This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to deploy and administer Microsoft Forefront Server Security products. This two-day class includes lecture and hands-on labs (covering several server products) and was developed by Microsoft Consulting Services using their detailed implementation knowledge and best practices.
This course is intended for technical deployment specialists and senior-level administrators who manage a Microsoft Exchange Server or Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies infrastructure or security practice.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe aspects of the multiple engine settings and the balance of information versus performance in Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Discuss how transport scanning works in Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Identify and understand the differences between default mode and outbreak mode protection, and understand the file, content, and keyword filtering options available with Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Identify components and services within Forefront Security for SharePoint.
- Use Forefront Security for SharePoint filters and templates to define scanning options.
- Understand Forefront Security for SharePoint diagnostics, logging, and statistics gathered during maintenance and from notifications.
- Understand the various alerts and reporting features available in Forefront Server Security Management Console.
- Identify the eight Management Console job categories and the basic role of each classification.