Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This two-day workshop teaches messaging specialists to monitor and troubleshoot an Exchange Server 2007 messaging system. Students will learn how to correlate client and server issues and resolve those issues. They will also learn how to monitor systems and create reports from the monitoring data.
The audience for this course includes people with experience with Exchange Server 2007 or previous versions of Exchange Sever. These people will have experience installing and configuring Exchange Server, configuring recipients and mailboxes, and supporting Exchange Server clients. People coming into the course are expected to have at least three years experience working in the Information Technology fieldtypically in the areas of network administration or Windows Server administrationand one year of Exchange Server administration experience.
After completing this workshop, students will be able to:
- Use the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 to monitor Exchange servers.
- Monitor and troubleshoot client performance and connectivity.
- Identify and resolve issues related to access of resources and messages.
- Monitor and troubleshoot mail flow.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Mailbox servers.
- Monitor and troubleshoot external and additional services.
- Identify trends in a messaging system.