Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Start the PowerPoint program, identify on-screen features, and navigate through a presentation.
- Create and edit bullet slides.
- Use PowerPoints drawing tools to create a slide.
- Incorporate clip art and WordArt objects in a slide.
- Create and enhance organization charts, and create and edits charts by using Microsoft Graph.
- Change the overall appearance of a presentation by using design templates and the Slide Master.
- Run a slide show, become familiar with slide show options, and add notes to a slide.
- Preview and save a PowerPoint presentation as a Web page and open a locally stored presentation in Internet Explorer.
Target Student: Students enrolling in this course should understand the basic concepts involved in working with a personal computer (PC). For example, students should be familiar with terms such as computer memory, data files, and program files. Students should also be familiar with the components that make up the PC, including input, output, and storage devices. No prior knowledge of PowerPoint is assumed.
Benefits: Students will learn how to create and edit bullet slides, use PowerPoints drawing tools, incorporate clip art and WordArt, create and enhance organization charts, and create and edit charts by using Microsoft Graph.
What's Next: PowerPoint 2000: level 1 is the first course in this series. PowerPoint 2000: Advanced, the next course in this series, teaches students how to work with templates and multimedia, how to customize toolbars, how to use the AutoCorrect and Style Check features, and how to collaborate on the Web.