This five-day instructor-led bootcamp provides students with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, configure and manage a System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager hierarchy, including the central administration site, one or more primary sites and secondary sites. This course also covers deploying apps to mobile devices, Microsoft Intune integration with Configuration Manager, creating and deploying images, the Integration of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013 and System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2.
This course is intended for Configuration Manager Administrators who are responsible for planning, deploying, configuring and managing one or more System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Sites and all supporting site systems. They should have one to five years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running the Windows Server operating system in medium to large enterprise organizations. Administrators may have previous Configuration Manager 2007 Experience, or be new to the product. Also, individuals who are interested in taking the 70-243 - Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manger exam, 70-695 – Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications exam, or 70-696 - Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune exam.
Microsoft Certified Professional Exams
This will prepare the student for the 70-243, 70-695, or 70-696 exams
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Configuration Manager 2012 R2 infrastructure and describe typical deployment scenarios.
- Describe the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager feature set.
- Deploy a Standalone Primary Site, a Central Administration Site and a multi-site Hierarchy.
- Manage desktops and devices in the enterprise.
- Prepare the infrastructure to support desktop and device management.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Manage inventory for PCs and applications.
- Distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Deploy and manage applications.
- Manage mobile devices by integrating Windows Intune with Configuration Manager.
- Maintain software updates for managed PCs.
- Implement Endpoint Protection for managed PCs.
- Manage compliance and secure data access.
- Manage client status, power management, and remote administration.
- Maintain Configuration Manager sites and site systems
- Support PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments.
- Implement operating system deployment by using the MDT
- Implement operating system deployment by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Integrate MDT and Configuration Manager for Operating System Deployment
Before attending this SCCM Bootcamp 2012 training course, students must have system administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Active Directory principles and management.
- Windows Server management including Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Microsoft Windows client fundamentals.
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 thru 2012 SP2 including Reporting Services.
- Basic Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) concepts.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax
- Desired: Have a base-level understanding of System Center Configuration Manager 2007.