This course covers two main subject areas :
The first section introduces students to Exadata Storage Server X2-2 (formerly known as Exadata Storage Server Version 2). Students learn about the architecture and key capabilities of Exadata along with how to configure, monitor and optimize it.
The second section introduces students to Oracle Exadata Database Machine. Students learn about the various Database Machine configurations. The installation and configuration process is covered so that students are equipped to make appropriate up-front configuration decisions. They also learn how to maintain, monitor and optimize Database Machine after initial configuration. Students are introduced to various options for migrating to Database Machine and learn how to select the best approach. Where possible, the topics are reinforced through demonstrations.
- Describe what is Exadata and how is it different from traditional database storage
- List the key capabilities and features of Exadata and DBM
- Configure DBM
- Implement Exadata security
- Maintain DBM and perform various maintenance tasks
- Monitor DBM using alerts, thresholds, metrics, current activities, SQL plans, V$ views and database statistics
A Live Virtual Class (LVC) is exclusively for registered students; unregistered individuals may not view an LVC at any time. Registered students must view the class from the country listed in the registration form. Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of LVC content may not be made.
- Database Administrators
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Technical Administrator
- Database Designers
- Describe the key capabilities of Exadata and Database Machine
- Identify the benefits of using Database Machine for different application classes
- Describe the architecture of Database Machine and its integration with Oracle Database, Clusterware and ASM
- Complete the initial configuration of Database Machine
- Describe various recommended approaches for migrating to Database Machine
- Configure Exadata I/O Resource Management
- Monitor Database Machine health and optimize performance