This Oracle Database 11g: SQL Tuning Workshop Release 2 training assists database developers, DBAs and SQL developers in identifying and tuning inefficient SQL statements. You'll explore investigative methods to reveal varying levels of detail about how the Oracle database executes the SQL statement; this helps you determine the root causes of the inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Interpret execution plans, and the different ways in which data can be accessed.
Benefits to You
Gain expertise in relational database data management as you learn how to effectively use SQL commands against your business data. These features will help you query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects.
Explore the Optimizer
Expert instructors will also help you explore how the optimizer chooses the path. You'll also learn how to influence the optimizer to ensure the best method is used.
Automatic SQL Tuning Tools
This course covers Automatic SQL Tuning tools and resources available in the Automatic Workload Repository. Furthermore, take advantage of bind variables, trace files and different types of indexes.
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Support Engineer
- PL/SQL Developer
- Identify poorly performing SQL
- Trace an application through its different levels of the application architecture
- Understand how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Define how optimizer statistics affect the performance of SQL
- List the possible methods of accessing data, including different join methods
- Modify a SQL statement to perform at its best