This class will teach you how to write PL/SQL programs. You will learn the critical aspects of PL/SQL language including language basics, bulk processing, procedures, , functions, and triggers , error handling and packages. Hands-on workshops constitute approximately 50% of the class.
Audience: Developers, DBAs and analysts
Objectives: After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Code PL/SQL programs that include common programming constructs such as data-typing, var iable assignment, flow control, cursor handling, bulk processing, array processing a nd error handling
- Use bulk processing to write efficient PL/SQL programs.
- Use UTL_FILE to read and write to operating system files.
- Use DBMS_PROFILER to profile and tune PL/SQL programs.
- Create efficient server-side stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Track and manage object dependencies
- Create and maintain simple Oracle packages
- Describe the new features of Oracle that address the Internet and very large databases
- Describe the fundamental concepts of the Relational Model of Data and how Oracle adheres to the model
- Successfully master the material for exam s 1 and 2 of the Oracle Certified Application Developer Program.