This Oracle Database: SQL and PL/SQL Fundamentals training delivers the fundamentals of SQL and PL/SQL along with the benefits of the programming languages using Oracle Database technology. You'll explore the concepts of relational databases.
- Write queries against single and multiple tables, manipulate data in tables and create database objects.
- Use single row functions to customize output.
- Invoke conversion functions and conditional expressions.
- Use group functions to report aggregated data.
- Create PL/SQL blocks of application code that can be shared by multiple forms, reports and data management applications.
- Develop anonymous PL/SQL blocks, stored procedures and functions.
- Declare identifiers and trap exceptions.
- Use DML statements to manage data.
- Use DDL statements to manage database objects.
- Declare PL/SQL Variables.
- Conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures).
- Describe stored procedures and functions.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Demonstrations and hands-on practice reinforce the fundamental concepts that you’ll learn in this course. By enrolling in this course, you’ll begin using Oracle SQL Developer to develop these program units. SQL*Plus and JDeveloper are available as optional tools.
Note: This course is a combination of Oracle Database: SQL Workshop I and Oracle Database: PL/SQL Fundamentals courses.
- Functional Implementer
- Portal Developer
- Reports Developer
- Application Developers
- Forms Developer
- PL/SQL Developer
- Technical Consultant
- Run data definition language (DDL) statements to create and manage schema objects
- Run data manipulation statements (DML) to update data in the Oracle Database
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures, and explicit cursors)
- Use cursors to process rows
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
- Describe stored procedures and functions
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL
- Design PL/SQL anonymous block that execute efficiently
- Display data from multiple tables using the ANSI SQL 99 JOIN syntax
- Create reports of aggregated data
- Employ SQL functions to generate and retrieve customized data
- Handle runtime errors
- Retrieve row and column data from tables with the SELECT statement