The Oracle Linux System Administration course covers a range of skills including installation, using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, configuring Linux services, preparing the system for the Oracle Database, monitoring and troubleshooting.
Please Note: This course supports Linux 5 and 6 users.
This course teaches you how to handle typical issues faced by administrators in areas including authentication, securing and monitoring. You learn to understand the kernel development model and learn about Linux distributions. You hear about Oracle's comprehensive solutions and Oracle's contributions to the Linux community.
- Enable kernel features.
- Set up users and groups.
- Configure system logging, the boot process, the network,and storage.
- Install additional software packages .
- Keep the kernel up to date using Ksplice.
- Configure services such as NFS, FTP, OpenSSH, PAM.
Benefits To You
Oracle Linux brings you the latest Linux innovations, delivering extreme performance, advanced scalability, and reliability for enterprise applications and systems. Implementing Ksplice provides you zero down time kernel updates.
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- Database Administrators
- Perform Security Administration (iptables, chroot, TCP wrappers)
- Prepare Oracle Linux system for Oracle database
- Troubleshoot problems and perform corrective action
- Install software packages from Unbreakable Linux Network and other repositories
- Use Ksplice to update the kernel on a running system
- Configure system logging
- Load and configure the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- Maintain swap space
- Install Oracle Linux
- Load kernel modules and configure kernel module parameters
- Perform User and Group administration
- Create file systems
- Use Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Configure RAID devices
- Configure File Sharing services (NFS, FTP, OpenSSH)