The goal of this five-day, instructor-led course is to provide systems engineers with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively plan, deploy, and manage a Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 solution.
Candidates for this course are IT professionals who operate in medium to very large computing environments that use the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system. Typical environments in which they work have these characteristics:
Supported users ranging from 200 to 5,000 or more
Multiple physical locations
Typical products and technologies include Windows Server 2003, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services, Microsoft SQL Server, Project Server 2003, Microsoft Project Professional 2003, SQL Analysis Services, Office Web components and messaging and collaboration platforms, and network security products and technologies.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe an Enterprise Project Management solution.
- Plan a Project Server infrastructure.
- Install and configure Project system servers.
- Implement Project Server 2003.
- Plan the Project Server deployment.
- Plan client software distribution.
- Deploy client software.
- Plan Project Server 2003 operations.
- Configure and manage resource and project data.
- Configure and manage views and security.
- Administer Project Server 2003.
- Migrate project data.
- Plan the testing of a Project Server 2003 deployment.
- Troubleshoot Project Server 2003.