We offer 2 different options for this course. Please see KT-7071 for our other course Certified Scrum Product Owner Workshop
66% of software features are rarely or never used. Making the right product decisions, building the right features, and incorporating feedback is the difference between building products that satisfy customers and building products that delight and engage them.
As one of the largest and fastest-growing agile frameworks, Scrum is a simple, yet powerful way to manage product requirements, elevate quality, and accelerate project delivery. One of the key roles in Scrum is that of Product Owner, the person tasked with setting and communicating the product vision, the one who ultimately determines what gets built.
The Certified Scrum Product Owner course is a 2-day, hands-on workshop, filled with practical advice and time-tested techniques designed to give students the foundation they need to succeed with Scrum. Our Certified Scrum Trainers are coaches first, which means that long after your course is over, we have the experience and expertise to provide ongoing support and assist you in implementing what you've learned.
Our CSPO course offers a detailed examination of the Scrum project lifecycle and the product owner role, going beyond the basic definitions to focus on how to achieve success as a product owner with Scrum. Course delivery is varied for optimal learning, with activities ranging from case study analyses and in-depth lectures, to hands-on exercises and interactive games. Each person will leave this course empowered with practical, applicable advice and skills they can apply to their own projects and teams.
Agenda & Learning Objectives
Our CSPO course covers a broad range of topics, including:
- How Scrum helps organizations cope with change, budget constraints, quality issues, and more
- The product owner role and how it differs from traditional roles, such as business analyst
- Ways to manage the product backlog and write effective user stories
- Pragmatic practices for managing and communicating the scope and vision of a product
- How to partner effectively with a development team
- Strategies for delivering faster by taking advantage of the iterative, incremental nature of Scrum
Courses typically run from 8:30am to 5pm, though the exact hours may vary. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided and are included in the course price. These informal breaks are outstanding opportunities to visit and network with your trainer and classmates.
This course is appropriate for stakeholders, business analysts, managers, product owners, and anyone who wants to understand what agile and Scrum are all about from the product-owner perspective. Though no agile experience is required, some experience managing projects is helpful.
Upon completion of the course, students will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Eligibility for the CSPO
- Ability to apply for 1 PDU per contact hour with the Project Management Institute
- Satisfaction of two-thirds of the 21 required training contact hours for the PMI-ACPSM (Agile Certified Practitioner) as well as a strong foundation for the associated certifying exam