Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (ICSNS) v4.2 is a five-day lecture and lab course using NX-OS v5.0.4, that provides learners with fundamental skills in implementing and troubleshooting Cisco storage networks.
Course topics include installing and bringing up the switch, configuring virtual SANs (VSANs), domains, interfaces, and zones, implementing port channels, configuring management security, and basic troubleshooting. Students will also learn how to configure highly available Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) tunnels and tune the performance of your FCIP links.
Upon completing this course, the student will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN
- Describe how to safely install the switch hardware and perform the initial software configuration process
- Explain how to implement the logical topology that is specified by a SAN design, so that connectivity between end devices can be verified and traffic management features applied
- Describe how to use FCIP to implement appropriate solutions for SAN extension
- Use Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switch diagnostic tools to diagnose SAN problems and common configuration errors
Who Should Attend:
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
The secondary audience for this course is as follows: