SharePoint 2010 for Business Users, Power Users, and Site Owners (S-726) is three days of brain-burning content for SharePoint 2010 users of all levels. Whether you use the information on SharePoint sites, add or modify SharePoint site content, manage SharePoint sites, or build SharePoint sites--you'll find what you need.
By the end of day three, you'll understand the collaboration, search, and community features in SharePoint 2010. You'll also learn how to create, manage, and secure SharePoint sites, lists, libraries and views. In addition, the class will cover extending the functionality of your SharePoint solutions and gaining business insight using SharePoint InfoPath forms, workflows, and dashboards.
The objective of SharePoint 2010 for Business Users, Power Users, and Site Owners (S-726) is to help you learn how your department should implement and manage SharePoint.
The objective of SharePoint 2010 for Business Users, Power Users, and Site Owners is to familiarize a wide variety of users with how their department should implement and manage the SharePoint. The course focuses on what users with SharePoint "Design permission" level through Site Collection Administrators can do, with the primary focus on Site Owners.
Those who should attend include general business workers (sales, marketing, operations, etc.) who are interested in using, creating, maintaining, and/or administering SharePoint sites, project managers who will use SharePoint as part of their projects, and IT personnel who are charged with building and maintaining SharePoint sites. This class is appropriate for users of both SharePoint 2010.
At Course Completion:
At the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the roles and purposes of SharePoint 2010 technologies
- Create and manage site collections and sites
- Create, use and manage SharePoint lists, libraries and views
- Create, manage and understand the use of content types and metadata
- Effectively use SharePoint 2010 Community Features
- Create and use SharePoint Search sites
- Manage Information Management Policies, Document Sets, and Records
- Implement native and Web-based SharePoint InfoPath forms
- Implement built-in and custom SharePoint Workflows
- Implement Business Insight in SharePoint through Dashboards