In almost every office around the world, people communicate and share ideas to create products and services. This information sharing often requires multiple software and web applications that do not necessarily work together perfectly. In contrast, Windows SharePoint services combines familiar office tools, adds the latest technology, and extends the functionality of applications and the web into a single environment to share information and collaborate with colleagues, no matter where you are or how you access the information. In this course, you will create and edit content in a Windows SharePoint Services team website, and then you will create and manage your own team site.
Course Objective: You will use, create, and edit Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 content, and create and manage a team site.
Target Student: This course is designed for individuals who access information on a Windows SharePoint team site or SharePoint site owners who are responsible for creating and managing a team website.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine collaboration technology and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 team sites.
- work with lists.
- work with libraries.
- communicate with team members.
- work remotely with SharePoint content.
- customize your SharePoint environment.
- create a team site.
- perform basic site administration.