This 3-day course will teach how to use SharePoint as your business intelligence platform. You'll learn how to implement solutions using the SharePoint Business Intelligence Center, Excel Services, SQL Reporting Services, Analysis Services, PerformancePoint, PowerPivot, Power View, Business Connectivity Services, and the KPI and chart web parts.
Companies today generate enormous amounts of valuable information, but often have poor reporting capabilities – inhibiting the sharing of key information. This course will teach you how to provide executives, managers and your entire staff with insights into your data through state-of-the-art business intelligence solutions built on the SharePoint platform. Business intelligence has never been more accessible and capable before! This courses teaches you everything you need to know to implement business intelligence solutions using Excel Services, SQL Reporting Services, Analysis Services, PerformancePoint, Power View, PowerPivot and other web parts and tools that are part of the SharePoint platform. Make better decisions and provide strategic information to the entire organization with the solutions you build.
This class is designed for SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 365 users. Labs are conducted in SharePoint 2016.
- Understand SharePoint full feature set of Business Intelligence Features
- Learn what Excel Services provides and how to build Excel Services solutions
- Integrate SQL Reporting Services with SharePoint to build dynamic reports and share information
- Surface Analysis Services cubes via SharePoint BI features
- Implement scorecards, dashboards, and KPIs using PerformancePoint
- Understand the capabilities of PowerPivot and how to analyze data with PowerPivot
- Integrate data from many different external data sources utilizing Business Connectivity Services
- Implement out-of-box BI web parts such as the KPI and chart web parts
- Build interactive dashboards that support filtering, reports, KPIS, scorecards, and more
- Learn best practices for implementing effective, high-performing BI solutions
Who Should Attend
Basic understanding of the SharePoint user interface and a basic understanding of database reporting tools. This course will benefit:
- Database Administrators
- Project Managers
- Senior Business Intelligence Architects and Consultants
- Senior Business Analysts
- SharePoint Developers and Administrators
- Anyone responsible for implementing BI with SharePoint