Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to deploy and manage a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services and a Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003 infrastructure.
The student will learn skills that enable the student to deploy and manage a Windows SharePoint Services and a SharePoint Portal Server 2003 infrastructure as well as guide end users in their use of the product. This course is not intended to provide detailed design skills, but will cover planning skills at a level sufficient to enable decision making for the implementation process.
This course is intended for those who operate in medium to very large computing environments that use the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system. Typical environments in which they work have the following characteristics:
- Supported users range from 200 to over 100,000.
- Multiple physical locations.
- Typical products and technologies include Windows 2003, Internet Information Services (IIS), Windows SharePoint Services, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office web components, messaging and collaboration platforms, and network security products and technologies.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will gain the skills to:
- Understand the Windows SharePoint Services architecture and the business benefits provided by deploying Windows SharePoint Services.
- Enhance collaboration by using Windows SharePoint Services.
- Install and configure a Windows SharePoint Services server.
- Administer Windows SharePoint Services servers.
- Administer Windows SharePoint Services sites.
- Install Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server.
- Configure server components and create and configure portal sites and virtual servers.
- Manage a portal site.
- Manage SharePoint Portal Server indexing and search.
- Extend SharePoint Portal Server deployments to include multiple servers and shared services.
- Maintain the SharePoint Portal Server deployment.