This is a hands-on approach to learning how to effectively use the SAP© ABAP Development Workbench. The Workbench is comprised of standard tools used by software developers to create custom reports and transactions, to apply customer changes to the SAP Standard software and to create custom load and extract interfaces for external use.
The course covers the basics of all aspects of software development in the SAP environment. The course begins with explaining the system overall design concepts and how they relate to the developers tasks and explains the basics of ABAP syntax. The course moves on to creating screens and reports utilizing the array of tools in the Workbench. The lecture materials are backed throughout with hands-on exercises to reinforce each topic. Best-practice methods and real-world issues are stressed in each topic of the course. The course ends with a start-to-finish team project.
This five day, hands-on class covers the basic aspects of the Workbench:
Learn how the system architecture was established and its built-in advantages
- Learn how to navigate the Workbench and associated tools and utilities
- Learn how to create reports and screens to support custom requirements
- Learn how to use standard SAP functionality in custom programs
- Learn how to debug existing SAP programs
- Learn how to write code that executes efficiently
The course is designed for project team developers and programming team leaders who have no prior experience developing SAP programs.