This bootcamp has become known to be the most comprehensive VMware training and certification course in the industry. Experience the comprehensive content included in multiple VMware vSphere classes in one concentrated delivery, saving time and money while providing an in depth look at VMware's latest version release (5.5) in an accelerated learning format designed to immerse the student into the new features inside version 5.5.
This course combines several popular VMware vSphere classes into one 5 day accelerated-learning bootcamp with content and concepts from multiple VMware classes including Install, Configure, Manage; What's New!; Manage for Performance; and Troubleshooting!
The primary objective of the VMware vSphere® 5.5 Ultimate Bootcamp® course is to train the ultimate virtualization expert through intense immersion in a five day accelerated training bootcamp.
Upon the completion of the VMware vSphere Bootcamp class, students will learn:
- About all of the new and exciting features of VMware vSphere® 5.5
- Foundational terms and concepts concerning virtualization
- How to install, configure, and support ESXi Server 5.5 and vCenter 5.5
- How to configure Virtual Networking including vNetwork Distributed Switches, vDS backup & restore, VLANs, PVLANs and how to support VMotion & iSCSI Multipathing, LACP & NSX
- P2V, V2V, V2P, and P2P methods and techniques
- Server Consolidation procedures and reasoning
- Tools to support a virtual infrastructure - VMware, PlateSpin, RVTools, Veeam, and more
- VMotion, Storage VMotion, Distributed Power Mgt (DPM), Update Manager, Power Mgmt, Guided Consolidation, Fault Tolerance, Clustering DRS/HA, SDRS, vSphere App HA, etc.
- Best Practices within a Virtual Enterprise
- How to perform backups & replication in the ESXi environment Data Protection (vDP) & 3rd party solutions, vSphere Replication 5.5
- How to use the Command Line Interface for supporting ESXi Servers - ESXi commands
- How to configure and optimize storage - FC, iSCSI, NFS, Multipathing, Thin Provisioning, Flash Read Cache and VSAN